Our Department of Justice-accredited, Immigration Legal Services program provides quality, accessible, and affordable legal immigration assistance.
Did you know nearly 7% of Nebraska residents are immigrants? These are our neighbors making every day contributions to the community.
At Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services, we provide legal consultation and help clients navigate through the entire immigration legal process. We will evaluate a clients’ immigration legal options, advise them how to proceed, and represent them throughout the legal process.
Our immigration specialists are accredited representatives under the Department of Justice (DOJ) which authorizes them to practice immigration law.
Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services helps individuals and families with filing a variety of USCIS forms. Our services consist of legal consultations in which we evaluate your immigration legal options, advise how to proceed, and representation throughout the legal process:
- Renewal or replacement of lawful permanent residence card (green card)
- Family Petition (I-130) for qualifying family members
- Fiancée Petitions (I-129F)
- Waivers of Inadmissibility (I-601/ I-601A)
- Self-petitions under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Adjustment of status for U-Visa, VAWA, Cuban Adjustment Act, Refugee/Asylee adjustment or family-based cases
- Removal of conditions on lawful permanent status
- Renewal or replacement or employment authorization document (work permit)
- Refugee Travel Document (I-131)
- Non-immigrant visa for survivors of crime (U-Visa)
- Naturalization and certificate of citizenship
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Humanitarian/Advance Parole
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
- FBI/CBP Background Requests
- US Passport Application
- Passport Photos
- Immigration Court Proceedings
- Immigration legal consultations
- Translation of documents from Spanish to English
- Community presentations and outreach to the immigrant and nonimmigrant community
At Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services, our immigration specialists are accredited representatives under the Department of Justice (DOJ) which authorizes our DOJ Accredited Representatives to practice immigration law. Accredited representatives may assist clients in immigration proceedings before the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), or before the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (USCIS).
Catholic Charities staff is available for community presentations and outreach to the immigrant and nonimmigrant community.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Our Immigration Legal Services are offered at our offices in Omaha and Schuyler. Consultations are by appointment only.
We've created a Wish List of items we are currently in need of. If you can find it in your heart to make a donation, please contact us today. Thank you for your consideration!
camera ~ copy paper ~ folding chairs ~ laptops ~ napkins ~ paper towels ~ passport photo equipment ~ plates & napkins ~ scanner ~ stamps ~ tablets