Volunteerism not only provides needed human resources for Catholic Charities, but it allows us to offer more compassionate services to people in need. In return, we attempt to provide all of our volunteers with an enriching experience that matches their interests and enhances the quality of their lives. Whether you are looking to volunteer on an ongoing basis or just for a few hours, Catholic Charities has a wide range of volunteer opportunities available for individuals or groups.
Help in our Pantries
Our food pantries provide an emergency supply of food to families and individuals lacking the resources to satisfy the basic nutritional needs for themselves and/or their families.
- Unload food trucks and stock pantry shelves
- Sort, clean, and organize food shelves
- Prepare food packages for clients
- Two location to choose from in North and South Omaha
Organize a Drive
Consider organizing a Drive with your coworkers or neighbors. Schedule it during a holiday season, or to commemorate a day of giving. Here is a list of products that Catholic Charities is always in need of.
- Canned Foods (and/or nonperishables) for our Food Pantry
- Diaper & Baby Items for our Mentoring Moms Program
- Hygiene Products/Toiletries for our Domestic Violence Services
- Coats and/or Winter Clothes for our Family Services
Spend time with our Sazzy Seniors
Take part in fun activities with our seniors group at Saint Martin de Porres. From playing Bingo, to working in the garden, you’ll enjoy your time with this great group of folks!
- Assist Seniors in our Garden
- Take part in games and activities with Seniors
- Office assistance
- Cook Meals
- Guest speaker (subject matter may include health, education, food, etc.)
Assist program clients and their family members to positively integrate into a new culture and language.
- Assist individuals with completing/processing forms and applications
- Assist with phone calls and sending emails on behalf of our Clients
- Seek our resources and referrals
Be a Tutor or Teacher
Do you have a few hours a week to spare to help our program clients? We’re always looking for help with teaching classes or one-on-one tutoring.
- Tutor students enrolled in GED, ESL and Sewing classes
- Staff will assist in matching you with a client
- Tutoring takes place at the Juan Diego Center (5211 south 31st St)
- Teach computer classes (once a week for 6 weeks from 6:00pm-8:00pm)
Become a Mentoring Mom
Are you an experienced mother who can offer parenting support to expecting and new mothers? If so, we’d love your help!
- Be matched up with a new or expecting mother
- Meet weekly with your Mentee
- Help with childcare
- Donate professional services
Assist with picking up donations at pre-arranged locations on an as-needed basis.
- Food pickups from grocery stores
- Donations of small or large items
- Must provide own vehicle, insurance, and have valid driver’s license
We can always use help with answering phones, data entry, preparing mailings or filing.
- Front desk help
- Answer phones
- Greet customers
- Stuff, fold, file, etc.